Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Update on Amish Vampires

No comments:
 
So I'm a little behind on my review of Amish Vampires in Space.  Life happens.  I'm still reading and thought I'd offer a little progress update.  I'm not as far along as I'd like to be, but that is no fault of the author.  The book is pretty intriguing so far.  It definitely holds my interest in spite of all that is going on around me that pulls me away from reading.

I'm not quite half way and things are starting to really heat up for Congi.  He is a Finder.  That can be taken at face value.  He finds things for himself and for others willing to pay a fair price for his services.  His other job could be best described as janitorial.  He is kind of slimy character, but I think I like him...a little.  He has currently gotten himself into a bit of a pickle and might be about to get caught with his fingers, or his whole body in this case, in the cookie jar.  I think that is probably the least of his worries though.  I'll have to get back to reading to find out what happens to poor Congi.

Meanwhile things are getting tense for Jebediah at home on Alabaster as well.  Seems he is in a spot of trouble with the Elders for dabbling with technology and keeping secrets. Poor Ezekiel is caught in the middle and trying to do the right thing by his people.  He doesn't want to hurt his friend, but what he witnessed was too much to overlook. I don't want to include any spoilers in my review, so I'll stop there.  Let's just say there is definitely something to that secret Jebediah has in the barn.  Even he doesn't have a clue what it is, but everyone is about to find out.

I expected something far fetched and utterly ridiculous going into this, but the book is actually quite good.  I'm already thinking about purchasing the next one.  If you like sci-fi stories that include space travel, you should check this series out.  The pacing is great, the suspense is definitely there, and I dare anyone not to fall in love with all the characters.  I still have a little over half the book to read, so I'm not ready to assign an official star rating yet, but so far it is at a strong 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment